Wednesday 24 October 2012

East London...we have arrived! And other bits and bobs.

Lots of new pictures up on our page and I've finally put some up on my work knitting group's page.

In other news, we can now be found at Chatsworth Road Market every other Sunday which makes for a busy busy weekend as we do Archway on the Saturday and then Chatsworth the same Sunday.

We've been there twice now, this Sunday will see me set up for the first time and I'm a little scared. It's a lovely market with a friendly atmosphere. It's quite local but people do come specially and I think what really helps it out is that the shops that line each side of the road/market are also open and it just so happens that lots of these are cute little cafés so it's a good place to come and hang out and meet friends.

And I was lucky enough to be visited by some friends, here's Beccie posing in front of the stall strategically so that Marcia isn't in the photo!


There are lots of food markets, I FINALLY got that scotch egg I'd been hankering after for months (long story) but then I wanted something that I saw one of the workers at one of the cafés eating (which is also a great French deli) AND then I wanted what one of my friends was eating which was a burger with bacon and chimichurri which he said was absolutely amazing. I'm afraid I've not done well on getting names of shops and stall but I'll try to do better this weekend.

I also bought and amazing black dress with a gold print on it, I thought it would be too small for me but I couldn't resist and it turns out I can JUST ABOUT squeeze in to it! It was only a tenner and I just fell in love with the print, I plan to wear it to my office Christmas do which I always like to make an effort for (even though all the scientists around me, with one exception, don't tend to).




No comments:

Post a Comment